Saturday, April 16, 2016

State of the Cash: April

This is the inaugural net-worth/money accounts post, detailing the starting values that I'll be using to cover my net worth as I go through this journey to healthy finances. I hope that as I gather more and more data, these posts will become more and more detailed.

I will have a different post to detail the state of my stock portfolio (small that it is), because as I've written previously I find all of this personal finance stuff fascinating.

I am using You Need A Budget v4 for my major budgeting software. It's incredibly powerful, and I'll write a post about it in the near future. 

Net Worth

Net worth graph, pre-KawaiiKon (April 5)
Here is an initial graph, taken on payday (April 5th). I've got reasonably low debt, and fairly high liquid cash for movement. I only started accruing debt in February when I got my first credit card (Discover it). This screenshot was taken prior to my vacation later that week.

I went on my vacation, paid off a major portion of my bills, and as such, my month's net worth has as expected -- dropped:
Current Net worth graph, post-KawaiiKon (April 16)
As you can see, my assets have been trending downward, but my standing debt has also been trending downward. I have one more small paycheck to look forward to this month (April 20), and will be paying down more debt, as well as make my monthly Student Loan payment. This will probably make my net worth drop a little bit more, but will even out as the last of the vacation expenses get paid off.

Balance Sheet

As of April 16, 2016:
  • Cash in accounts minus Stocks: $1319.87
  • Debts in all non-Student Loan accounts $552.07
  • Current Student Loan debt: $25,898.17

No comments:

Post a Comment